Old Baldy Trail. Race-Day Registration begins at 9am with the event starting at 10am.
- Directions to the Old Baldy Trailhead: From I-90 at Spearfish take Exit 8 and travel south on the Old Belle Fourche Road/McGuigan Road to FSR 134. Turn right on FSR 134 and travel approximately 13 miles to the trailhead on the right.
- From Savoy in Spearfish Canyon, take FSR 222 (Rough Lock Falls) 6 miles to the intersection of FSR 134. Turn right on FSR 134 and travel 1.1 miles to the trailhead on the left.
The Old Baldy Trail is a 5.7 mile loop with an added 0.7 mile out and back spur from the main trail to the top of Old Baldy (elev. 6096). Total distance is 7.1 miles. The single track trail winds its way through pine forest and aspen groves on US Forest Service land.
The trailhead is the start and finish and has ample parking. Elevation: 5800 to 6096 feet with moderate difficulty. The spur from the main loop to the top of Old Baldy has an elevation gain of 234 feet.
39% of Previous runners rate this trail as a 5 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most difficult. All other ratings were between 6 and 8.
Do you have Photos From this Event you would like to share? We’d love to share them. Contact Us Today!
- BHRC Members and Youth 12-18 $15.00
- *Youth 12-18 Free if no schwag
- Open Registration $20.00
Race Day Entry
- BHRC Members and Youth 12-18 $20.00
- Open Registration $25.00